Reading
Okay. Hold Up. I forgot to update this dream so towards the end, it'll get a cut summary. Sorry about that. This was a dream a while back. Bear with me.
So, I get these weird dreams that are surreal and action packed. I sometimes think that these could be a potential story-line for movies or short films. It's also quite extravagantly detailed and vividly colorful. Let's begin.
I was excited to be at this TechCon event that's going to be held in a resort. This is one of the most random parts of it.. People are free to go, I don't know if I won some exclusive pass or something, but I don't exactly see why I was an honorary guest. Well, with our luggage we are brought to this simple room before the entrance of this said resort.
We were each given an iPad to answer a set of personality and preference questions. I wasn't really paying attention, I kept talking to the people beside me of what they thought of the new rising tech that was going to be revealed. Some were stoked to talk to me, others were taking this virtual test too seriously.
I don't know, for the life of me, why I was so bold to just get up and go outside without finishing the test. I was following this girl, she was pretty with long jet black hair, reminded me of the Yellow Power Ranger. I asked her where she was going, and she mentions how she saw this skater dude just head outside without completing the test either. We ended up catching up to him and stayed by a unfinished construction site watching him skate. So the three of us just speculate about why we're there when we realize that the girl has this superpower of jump. She was going to fall off this random debris when she caught herself, casually just anime jumping towards us. We both just stared before she too realized how odd that was.
We lost track of time, so we ended up running towards the hall to look the the room where we were supposed to be taking the tests. Apparently everyone was "done" so we just shrugged it off and met up with the friends we were with. I grabbed my luggage and met up with Charlon. It was announced that everyone was allowed to just pick a room that was available and was free to make themselves feel at home. Everyone began scurrying and shuffling around for their stuff and bolted towards the nearest room or best location they could find.
I was with Charlon and 2 other people, I never got to ask their names but they seemed to understand it's 4 people in a room and decided to group up with us. We skipped over all the rooms with the lights open from the windows, all the rooms were filling up quick. I skipped several hallways before turning to see a room just newly occupied. I checked the room next to it, and it wasn't like the others, normally hotel or resort rooms are numbered, but this one was called waves. It had a symbol at the bottom of 3 waves. I tried for the knob and it was unlocked. As I swung the door open, the lights revealed two queen sized beds and a glass door showcasing the view of the rest of the resort.
I let the rest into the room, signaling it's clear. I saw, to the left of the room before the beds was a door. It was locked so I assumed it was because it's an adjoining room. And it struck me that there was a computer to the left of me. It was odd that it was already powered up. So as they were settling their stuff I walked toward the computer and I sank into the floor and it became a whirlpool. I started spinning and drowning, everything melted away then before it went black, I was spit back up standing infront of the computer.
I spun around in disbelief and alarm questioning if they had seen what had happened. They simply just pointed out that my nose was bleeding. I reached up to my right nostril and felt the warm drop and just brushed it away. I am now focused.
I said, I'll be the one to check out what's happening, to my surprise they didn't object. The interface was simple and designed with a early windows model software, which was interesting since we're in an advanced Technology Convention. It only had a Live feed and a Chat Box. The main one is holding codes of what looked like live logins, and a narrow panel being a live chat feed. There were only messages exclaiming "wow, this is revolutionary" or "everyone must log in NOW."
I was eager to try it out of this curiosity to seek answers for what the whirlpool is about. So to make an account, you had to type in your login credentials on the Live Feed, like this.
username !password (word you won't remember)
Which was a little odd, why would you input a word you won't remember? So I went on to write the word bakuna which means vaccine. I don't know exactly why I went with it but it would be something I'd remember. As soon as I entered the input, it was as if I was in the matrix and I was pixelizing inside a different world. Before I was completely transferred I made note what the Live Feed said before I disappeared. 10 minutes.
This is where it gets blurry for me, I just remember that I got transported into this realistic VR space and then all hell was breaking loose. Every moment a person's countdown timer would go off and they would pixelate and be deleted forever. I was mixed between awe at all the fantastic things that were never possible in reality but distraught with the disappearing people. I was torn to leave but I was aware of this facade, and I decided that I need to get out of here. There were a lot of forced distractions, of people, possibly androids, steering us into something that would peak out interest in the Tech World, be it Smartphones, Robots, Spas or whatever. I had to remember that I had a 10 Minute timer on my head. I shot up my feed on my vision and started to input the "word I won't remember."
I am transported back into the real world and I see that my companions are passed out on the floor. I didn't think they would be able to access the computer while it was occupied but apparently, as soon as you log in, you were never expected to log out anyway. I turn to the computer to check the chat feed, all were violently attacking my character, telling me I was worthless, or a noob, anything to get myself to doubt leaving in the first place. Another group was trying to convince me to log back in, they missed me, they admire my courage to "spread" the news and await my return.
That's when I saw, Marques Brownlee, and he was sending blasts about the treacherous brainwash and mass killing this TechCon turned out to be. He was spreading news about how people were being locked into a digital coma never to return to their bodies. He was looking for survivors to form a group to find a solution to save whoever was still lost. I saw his blasts, being drowned out by so many people saying he's a fraud, that there's so much he's simply misunderstanding. That's when I decided to message him and tell him everything I experienced before we decided we needed to go back, we had to go back in and destroy this from the inside. Once we had a plan, we just bid everyone who joined this rescue team goodluck.
I checked the tab for my timer before heading back in. 3 minutes.
The End. I woke up. Hehe, I know there were more details about the "rescue team" but I simply forgot them already so. Yeah. That's one of my weird dreams. Enjoy.
Dreams