Reading
I just finished reading Ascend Online, it's pretty good, as a gamer I can adequately say that the author put a lot of thought on the details of what it's like to play RPGs. The first book of this genre that I read was Ready Player One, it was okay, it felt more like an underdog to superstar story than it was about the game itself. I hope that wasn't a spoiler? Also, I read Warcross, it was okay, with like a romance part of it, I didn't continue on with the series because it seemed.. kinda Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele (LOL I didn't read the book, just saw the movie, no BDSM just rich controlling guy and free spirited girl.)
So this book, wow. It was just a Fan made book. And a lot of people liked it, including me. It's not even done yet! I am currently on book 2, I got to read it for free because of Amazon Prime and Prime Library, so it's such a treat. Also, I would have never had the guts to tell the author how much I enjoyed reading. He's surprisingly very approachable, and humble. At the end of the book he asks for feedback on his writing and whatnot. So, he was really happy to know there are a lot of people who let him know that we can't wait for the next part of the story.
Anyway, That's about it. I thought anime would be life, but I guess we're back to reading. Since, streaming has gotten me burnt out again. So, yeah, if ever anyone gets the chance, read Ascend Online by Luke Chmilenko. I can't wait to read more stories of this genre!